CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB
- CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB is used typically in industrial settings such as food factories, abattoirs, dairies, laboratories etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£131.20 – £349.85 Excl VATIn Stock
CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB Is a high performance, water dispersible Epoxy coating for the treatment of wall and floor surfaces. It is designed to be user and environmentally friendly, containing no solvents and being of a low odour during application.
CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB is easily applied by brush, roller or airless spray to provide a chemically resistant coating of excellent durability.
- Is easily applied and may be applied to dry or damp surfaces
- Available in a range of colours
- Low odour
- Excellent resistance to water, oils, skydrol, petrol, dilute acids, alkalis and many solvents
- Very good adhesion to concrete
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Matt and Gloss options
- Slip resistant options
Direction For Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- Suitable technical treatment, such as vacuum grit blasting, is recommended to ensure a clean, uncontaminated substrate.
- Pour the contents of the BASE container into the CURING AGENT container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- The mixed material may be thinned by the addition of up to a maximum of 10% by volume of clean, potable water.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.20 to 0.25kg/sq.m. per coat equivalent to a dry film thickness of 100-125 microns.
- A minimum two coat treatment is recommended, applying subsequent coats after a minimum interval of 16 hours curing.
- Ensure good ventilation after application, as this speeds up the physical drying stage of the curing process.
- The following day any excess sand may be swept from the surface using a clean brush prior to application of the second coat.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic
- 48 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Good ventilation is essential for satisfactory curing of the coating.
- Lower temperatures will extend the curing time
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- In poorly ventilated areas forced extraction must be provided.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 10.0-12.5 m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 200-250 microns. (15kg pack pro rata).
- Pot life @ 20C: 90 Minutes @ 10C: 150 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Red (BS4800 or RAL colours on request)
- Application Temperatures minimum = 3°C maximum = 30°C
- Coverage: 0.20-0.25kg/m²/coat
- Volume Solids: 65%
- Temperature resistance: 75°C (dry), 65°C(wet)
- Chemical resistance: excellent resistance to water, dilute acids, dilute alkalis, glycol ethers, dibasic ester solvent, skydrol, etc.
- Please consult our Technical Team for specific advice.
- CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 609 – Chemical Resistant Coating – Epoxy WB is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Carmine Red (RAL 3002), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015)