Acid Resistant Concrete Primer
CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer has been developed for use as a primer to be used in conjunction with CPR 605 – Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed, CPR 604 – Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed. The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to concrete and other surfaces, and has excellent chemical resistance in its own right. CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer is supplied as a two pack system, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT components.
- Low temperature cure
- Solvent free, low odour
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- Impervious to water
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- Pre-packaged units ready for use
- Exceptional chemical resistance
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting or mechanical scabbling are recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants and to provide a mechanical “key” for the CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer.
- Steel reinforcement shall be abraded, wire-brushed etc. to remove all traces of rust. Priming should immediately follow preparation to obviate the possibility of flash rusting.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.15 to 0.30kg/m².
- Ensure that the surface is thoroughly wetted out.
- Allow the primer to “tack up” for a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the application of CPR 605 – Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed or Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed.
- In thin section the primer will remain “open” for 90 minutes @ 20°C, within which time subsequent application should be carried out.
- Should this period be exceeded then the surface must be re-primed prior to continuing.
- As a sealer for Bund Coat 3 if required, the CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer may be applied following 6 hours cure of the coating @ 20°C.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Touch dry after 3 hours @ 20°C.
- Hard dry after 6 hours @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer is supplied in 1kg , 2 kg and 5kg packs.
- 3.3-5.0m²/kg depending on surface texture.
- Appearance: Amber coloured liquid of low odour
- Viscosity: 1400 cps @ 20°C
- Pot Life @ 20°C 25 minutes
- Pot Life @ 10°C 50 minutes
- Adhesive strength to concrete: 3.8MPa (concrete failure)
- Do not apply to uncured surfaces.
- Do not apply to temperatures below 2C, or if there is a risk of frost during the initial curing period.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 413 – Acid Resistant Concrete Primer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.