Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB
CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB has been developed for use in conjunction with CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar , and CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar for concrete repair operations, and with CPR 703 Epoxy Screed for seamless Epoxy floor toppings.
The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to concrete and other surfaces. CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB is supplied as a two pack system, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT components.
- Solvent free, low odour
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- Impervious to water
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- May be applied to cool, damp surfaces
- Pre-packaged units ready for use
- Very good chemical resistance
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes etc.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting or mechanical scabbling is recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants and to provide a mechanical ‘key’ for the CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB.
- Steel reinforcement shall be abraded, wire brushed etc. to remove all traces of rust.
- Priming should immediately follow preparation to obviate the possibility of flash rusting.
- CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB is supplied in pre-weighed containers ready for mixing.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT Container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- Apply by brush or roller at a nominal rate of 0.15 to 0.30kg/m².
- Ensure that the surface is thoroughly wetted out.
- Allow the primer to ‘tack up’ for a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the application of subsequent treatments.
- Please refer to the CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar, CPR 721 Superlight Concrete Repair Mortar or CPR 703 Epoxy Screed product date sheet as appropriate.
- Note: In thin section the primer will remain ‘open’ for 90 minutes @ 20°C, within which time subsequent application should be carried out. Should this period be exceeded then the surface must be re-primed prior to continuing.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Touch dry after 6 hours @20°C
- Hard dry after 12 hours @ 20°C
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB is supplied in 1kg, 2kg and 5kg packs.
- 3.3-6.7m²/kg depending on surface texture.
- Viscosity: 400 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 50 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 100 minutes
- Colour: Straw coloured liquid.
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.8MPa (concrete failure)
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply to temperatures below 3C, or if there is a risk of frost during the initial curing period.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.