Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane
CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane is a two pack Epoxy resin-based primer/coating, which has been developed to function as a residual construction moisture suppressant, allowing the early installation of moisture sensitive flooring in fast track building programmes. One or two coats may be applied depending on the degree of dampness present in the sub-floor.
The product is available in grey, red, and clear colours to allow control of uniform coverage.
CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane is also suitable for priming damp, minimally prepared substrates.
- Provides surface damp-proof membrane
- Allows rapid laying of floor toppings to power floated concrete
- Solvent free, low odour
- Coloured to monitor progress
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- Excellent adhesion
- Surface tolerant
- Excellent resistance to water, grease and oil
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be sound, clean and free from dust laitance and other contaminants.
- Suitable mechanical treatments such as vacuum grit blasting is recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants and to provide a ‘key’ for the CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane.
- Moisture testing of the substrate in accordance with BS8203, shall be carried out on new concrete floors
- A sub floor moisture reading of 97% R.H. can be accommodated by CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane.
- If readings exceed this figure, then the floor must be allowed to dry out further.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT tin into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour and consistency is achieved.
- Two coat application (R.H.>92%) – Apply a first coat of CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane by brush or roller to the prepared substrate at a nominal rate of 3 m²/kg. Within 24 hours apply a second coat at a nominal rate of 4 m²/kg.
- Single coat application (R.H<92%). – Apply a coat of CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane (grey, red, or clear) at a nominal rate of 3 m²/kg
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction
- CPR 400 – Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane is supplied in 1kg, 5kg, and 15kg packs
- 3 m²/kg first coat
- 4m²/kg second coat
- Pot life @ 20ºC: 45 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10ºC: 90 Minutes
- Colours: CPRL standard Grey, Red and Clear (BS4800 and RAL colours can also be supplied)
- Tack Free Time @20°c: 6 hours
- Hard Dry Time @ 20°c: 14 hours
- Adhesive strength to damp concrete: 3.6MPa (concrete failure).
- Flexural Strength: 64 MPa.
- Water Absorption: <0.2% after 7 days immersion.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not apply to surfaces with standing water.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Departments.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.