Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB
CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB is a two pack, water dispersible Epoxy based primer clear coating, especially formulated to meet the technological and ecological requirements of modern building and industrial practice.
CPR 401 is non-flammable and solvent free, is low odour, and may be applied to dry or damp surfaces. The primer has excellent adhesion to most building materials, is non-toxic once cured, and consequently is a highly versatile material lending itself to application in many different types of location and circumstances.
- Excellent adhesion to dry or damp surfaces
- Low odour
- Easily applied
- Taint free
- Particularly good chemical and abrasion resistance
- Economical and versatile
Directions for Use
- Surfaces should be sound, clean and free from standing water, laitance, oil, grease, and other contaminants.
- New concrete should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 21 days.
- Floors should be mechanically abraded, scarified, grit blasted or acid etched where any subsequent coating is to be applied over the CPR 401 Concrete Primer.
- Note: For steel work a coat of CPR 410 Metal Primer – Epoxy WB is recommended as a primer instead of CPR 401 Concrete Primer.
- CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB is supplied in pre-weighed containers ready for mixing. Pour the contents of the BASE container into the CURING AGENT container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform consistency is achieved. A low speed drill with paddle attachment is recommended for mixing operations.
- Note: Thinning of the material is not usually necessary. However, it is permissible to thin CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB by the addition of up to 20% by volume of clear water. This will reduce the viscosity and facilitate application.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 5 m² per Kg.
- As a sealer or clear coating, a second coat should be applied after a minimum of 16 hours, and before a maximum of 48 hours.
- As a primer, overcoating may be commenced as soon as the initial milky appearance has cleared, typically after 2- 4 hours.
- Ensure good ventilation during application.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent or a blend of CPR Tool Clean Solvent and water immediately after use.
- CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB will be touch dry following 6 hours cure @ 20C.
- Hard dry after 16 hours cure @ 20C.
- Full chemical resistance will be attained following 7 days cure @ 20C. Good ventilation is essential to allow satisfactory evaporation of water from the film.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to prime 20/ 25 m² of surface. (15kg pack pro rata).
- Pot life @ 20ºC: 90 Minutes
- Colour: Clear
- Adhesion to dry concrete: 4.4MPa (concrete failure)
- Adhesion to damp concrete: 4.1MPa (concrete failure)
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent resistance to water, dilute acids, dilute alkalis, petrol, diesel, white spirit, skydrol, etc. Specific advice will be provided by our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to uncured surfaces.
- Do not apply CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB to surfaces previously treated with water repellent chemicals.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 3C, or if there is a risk of frost during the initial curing period.
- Do not use CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB that has exceeded the stated pot life.
- Protect from water splashes during the first 24 hours of cure, as the fresh film is sensitive to water.
- Relative humidity must be below 85% during the early stages of curing.
- Do not apply in badly ventilated areas.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 401 Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Departments.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.