CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating
- Use CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating as a tough durable slip resistant coating for Tarmac, Asphalt and Concrete type surfaces. e.g. parking bays, ramps, cycle paths, driveways, steps, etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£83.20 – £152.00 Excl VATIn Stock
MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating
CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating is a two pack, fast curing, flexible coating usually for Tarmac and Asphalt surfaces. Concrete surfaces may also be treated, following suitable preparation and priming. Designed to provide a dust free, seamless floor finish with protective and decorative properties. The flexible coating maybe enhanced by the incorporation of suitable anti slip dressing aggregate.
CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating allows a fast return to service.
- Tough and abrasion resistant
- Very good chemical resistance
- Rapid curing minimises down time
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Cures at low temperatures
- Range of decorative colours.
Directions for Use
- Asphalt and Tarmac surfaces must be clean, dry and free from contaminants.
- New Asphalt and Tarmac must be allowed to ‘weather’ to ensure any excess oils are released.
- Mechanical preparation is not normally necessary, however vacuum shot blasting can be employed to clean the surface should this be required, and will provide a better mechanical ‘key’ in heavy duty environments.
- No primer required for Asphalt and Tarmac surfaces.
- CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating is supplied as a two pack material consisting of the RESIN component, and the CATALYST component.
- Incorporate the CATALYST component under mechanical stirring and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Apply CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating using short nap perlon or smooth lambswool rollers at a nominal rate of 0.3 – 0.6kg/m².
- Should a slip resistant finish be required then broadcast an appropriate aggregate onto the first coat within 10 minutes of application.
- Following a minimum of 1 hour, sweep off excess aggregate, and apply a second coat of CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Light Foot Traffic: 2 hour @ 20°C
- Full chemical resistance: 24 hours @ 20°C
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating has a minimum shelf life of six months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating in 5kg & 10kg packs.
- A 10kg pack will be sufficient to coat an area of 20m² at a rate of 0.5kg/m².
- Colour: CPRL standard colours (BS4800 or RAL colours can be supplied upon request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 20 minutes
- Elongation at break: 250%
- Adhesion to Asphalt: 3MPa(substrate failure)
- Temperature range during application 5°C to +40°C
- Temperature range during service: -30°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- For specific advice please consult our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to damp substrates.
- CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 827 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Carmine Red (RAL 3002), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015)