MMA Concrete Joint Filler
CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler is a light grey, two pack, pourable, flexibilised Methacrylate sealant. The consistency of the mixed sealant allows direct pouring of the sealant into horizontal joints. The Joint Filler is hard and tough enough to protect arris edges from heavy wheel loading, but possesses sufficient flexibility to accommodate a degree of movement (10% of the joint width).
CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler is particularly suitable for filling saw cut joints in long strip floor construction.
The product is used to seal floor joints in food factories and warehouses where heavy vehicular trafficking occurs.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete
- Tough and resilient
- Suitable for wide joints
- Highly resistant to water
- Easy to apply
- Fast curing, even at very low temperatures
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- New concrete floors shall be a minimum of 21 days old. Joint surfaces shall be sound, clean and free from laitance, dust and other contaminants.
- Joint arrises are best prepared by grinding or power wire brushing, ensuring that all spoil and residual dust is removed by blowing with dry, oil free, compressed air.
- For best results, prime the joint edges using CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer and allow to cure for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- De-bonding tape should be used in the base of the joints otherwise a polyethylene foam backing strip should be inserted to the appropriate depth.
- Is supplied as a two pack material consisting of the BASE component, and the CATALYST component.
- Pour the entire contents of the CATALYST container into that of the BASE component, and thoroughly mix until a uniform consistency has been achieved.
- When using CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler the joints shall be designed to ensure that concrete movement due to shrinkage and temperature fluctuations does not exceed 10% of the joint width.
- For joints up to 12mm wide, the depth of sealant should be equal to the width.
- For joints over 12mm wide the depth of the sealant should not exceed 20mm. Joints over 25mm wide are permissible.
- The mixed material may be poured directly into the prepared joints to level.
- Alternatively, the Concrete Joint Filler may be poured into empty cartridge tubes and gunned into the joints using a sealant gun.
- It may be necessary to top up to level after a few minutes when the sealant has settled into irregularities.
- CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler will have cured sufficiently after 1 hours cure @ 20°C to allow full trafficking.
- Full chemical resistance will be achieved following 24 hours cure @20°C.
- At lower temperatures cure times will be increased.
- Pre-accelerated grades of the material can be provided for sub-zero application.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete.
- CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
- A 1 litre pack of joint filler is sufficient for 10 linear metres with a 10mm x 10mm joint.
- Colour: Light Grey (RAL colours available on request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 20 Minutes
- Specific Gravity: 1.25
- Shore A hardness: 70
- Temperature range during application: -30°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 50°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
- The product has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler is supplied in 1ltr & 2ltr packs.
- CPR 714 – MMA Concrete Joint Filler is flammable during application, so adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- The product shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.