Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar
CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar is a solvent free Epoxy resin system, together with specially graded lightweight fillers. The mixed mortar has excellent application
characteristics, allowing overhead and vertical repairs to be easily accomplished.
The Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar is used in conjunction with a separate primer such as CPR 403 – Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB. The product is supplied as a three-pack material, pre-weighed to allow easy on-site mixing and use. CPR 721 provides a strong durable, weatherproof repair for concrete, brickwork, stonework and steel substrates.
- Excellent adhesion to the substrate
- Very good abrasion and impact resistance
- High build application in vertical and overhead locations
- May be applied to damp substrates
- Impermeable and waterproof
- Chemically resistant
- Ease of mixing and application
- Good mechanical properties
- Increases effective concrete cover
- Colour matches possible
Directions for Use
- The substrate shall be sound, clean and free from laitance, dust, oil, grease and other contaminants.
- Smooth substrates should be roughened by mechanical means to form a ‘key’ in order to optimise adhesion.
- Scabbling, grit blasting, high-pressure water jetting or needle gunning are satisfactory forms of preparation.
- Any corroded re-enforcing steel shall be abraded or grit blasted to remove all scale, rust, etc.
- If application of the CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar is to be delayed then a coat of CPR 410 – Metal Primer – Epoxy WB should be applied as an anti-corrosive holding primer for prepared steelwork.
- Mix and apply a coat of CPR 406 – Primer for Concrete Repair – Epoxy WB in accordance with the product data-sheet instructions.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly by spatula or low-speed drill/stirrer.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a forced action mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the FILLER added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform material is achieved.
- Whilst the CPR 406 – Primer for Concrete Repair – Epoxy WB remains in a ‘tacky’ condition, i.e. within 90 minutes of application, apply the CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar by wood float, ensuring good compaction, and then close and finish with a steel float.
- Where a roughened profile is required, finish with a plastic float.
- CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar may also be placed by gloved hand for comparatively inaccessible applications.
- Chequer board application is recommended for larger areas of rendering.
- Application thickness of up to 50mm per layer may be achieved.
- If additional layers are required, scratch finish the first layer and then re-prime the following day prior to subsequent applications.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the mortar.
- CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar will have cured sufficiently after 24 hours @ 20°C to be put back into most kinds of service.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C will be required to ensure optimum mechanical properties and full chemical resistance.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low-temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar is supplied in 5kg & 10kg packs.
- A 5kg pack yields 4.25litres of mortar, sufficient for 0.42m² @ 10mm thick.
- (10kg pack pro-rata.)
- Colour: Light grey (other colours available upon request)
- Density: 1175kg/m³
Pot Life: 50minutes @ 20°C
- Compressive Strength: 45 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 8 MPa
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to 25% hydrochloric acid, 20% sulphuric acid, 10% citric acid, 40% sodium hydroxide, diesel and petrol.
- Very good resistance to 10% lactic acid, 20% phosphoric acid, good resistance to many common industrial chemicals.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 721 – Superlight Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.