MMA Fillet & Cove Screed
CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed is a three pack, Methyl Methacrylate resin based mortar designed to allow the formulation of thin section coves at the junction of floors and walls. In common with other products in the CPR MMA range, CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed exhibits very fast curing characteristics, even at low temperatures.
- Ease of application to vertical surfaces
- Fast cure and return to service
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Very good chemical resistance
- Good adhesion to concrete
- Flexible and tough
Directions for Use
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes.
- Vacuum grit blasting, or other suitable mechanical treatment is the preferred means of surface preparation.
- Mix and apply a coat of CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer by brush or roller, at a nominal rate of 0.25-0.30kg/m² in accordance with the product data sheet instructions.
- Allow the primer to cure for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed is supplied as a three-component product consisting of the BASE component, the CATALYST component and the AGGREGATE component.
- The contents of the BASE and CATALYST component should be thoroughly mixed together and the AGGREGATE then introduced.
- A low-speed drill stirrer or a forced action mixer such as a Mixall, Pennine or Creteangle type, will be suitable.
- Place the mixed material onto the primed surface using a steel float and coving trowel as appropriate to form, compact, and finish the mortar.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Allow a minimum cure time of 45 mins @ 20°C prior to overcoating, or 2 hours @ 20ºC prior to returning to full service.
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed may be overcoated following 45 mins cure @ 20°C, with CPR 907 – MMA Clear Sealer or CPR 825 – MMA Colour Stable Coating which will reduce dirt pick up and assist cleaning operations.
- Please refer to the separate product datasheets for these products for additional information.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed is supplied in 10kg packs.
- A 10kg pack yields 5.2 litres of coving mortar.
- For a 150mm ‘bottle cove’, the approximate consumption rate will be 4kg per linear metre.
- Colour: CPRLNatural, Grey, Red (other colours can be supplied upon request; multi coloured Quartz blends also possible)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 20 Minutes
- Compressive strength: 40MPa
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.5MPa(concrete failure)
- Temperature range during application -10°C to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -30°C to + 50ºC
- For low temperature conditions please consult Technical Team for advice
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, fruit juices and cleaning fluids.
- Do not apply to wet, uncured or unprimed concrete surfaces.
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 710 – MMA Fillet & Cove Screed shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.