Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer
CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer is a two pack, solvent free, thixotropic Epoxy resin designed for filling cracks and voids in concrete, brickwork and masonry. This allows the ready consolidation of structures and prevents water and salt ingress, thereby obviating freeze thaw damage and re-bar corrosion.
For small scale repairs on site CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer may be part mixed in the ratio of 2:1 by volume (Base to Curing Agent component).
- Easy to use
- Convenient 2:1 volume mix
- Thixotropic nature avoids slumping
- High strength
- Excellent bond strengths to concrete, brickwork and masonry
- Suitable for damp or dry surfaces
- Water and weather resistant
- Penetrates cracks down to 0.2mm
Directions for Use
- Surfaces to be treated shall be clean, sound and free from contaminants.
- Cracks may be reamed out and air or water flushed to remove contaminants.
- Allow to dry.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- Apply the CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer by gunning or pumping into the cracks.
- Injection flanges may be attached along the crack length at nominal 150mm intervals using CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive or CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar.
- For filling vertical voids, simply gun the material in.
- Any excess material may be ‘struck off’ with a knife or spatula.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer will be touch dry after 5 hours at 20°C and hard dry after 10 hours at 20°C.
- Full mechanical properties will be achieved following 7 days cure at 20°C.
- At lower temperatures curing time will be extended.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer is supplied in 1ltr, 2ltr and 5ltr packs.
- The consumption of CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer is very much dependent on the depth and extent of cracks within the substrate.
- Viscosity: Thixotropic
- s.g.: 1.25 – 1.30 kg/m³
- 20°C Pot Life: 30-40 minutes
- Compressive strength: 70 MPa
- Adhesion to concrete: 4.4 MPa (concrete failure)
- Shore D Hardness: 70
- Temperature range during application: 3°C to 45°C
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 725 – Thixotropic Epoxy Concrete Crack Sealer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.