Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar
CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar is a versatile, rapid curing, high strength, two pack mortar suitable for many applications in building and civil engineering. The product consists of a low viscosity unsaturated polyester resin BASE component, and a FILLER component consisting of graded minerals and catalyst.
CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar has a non-critical mix ratio, which allows the consistency to be varied from pourable to trowellable without adversely affecting curing times or strength.
- Fast curing even at low temperatures
- High strength development
- Easy and simple to use
- Non-critical mix ratio
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and masonry surfaces
- Negligible shrinkage
- Very good chemical resistance
Directions for Use
- Remove all laitance, spalled concrete, grease, oil, dust, and other contaminants by mechanical means e.g. scabbling or needle gunning, to provide a sound, clean substrate.
- Any exposed reinforcing steel shall be fully exposed by cutting out around its full circumference, and cleaned by hand abrading or wire brushing to remove rust, scale, etc.
- In the case of very dense or non-absorbent substrates prime the surface with a wet mix of Base and Filler (in a 1:1 volume mix).
- Ensure that all exposed reinforcing steel is primed.
- Pour the required quantity of resin, (Base component), into a clean plastic bucket, and slowly add the Filler component whilst stirring.
- Add sufficient Filler to achieve the desired consistency.
- Do not mix more material than can be used within the stated pot life.
- The mixed material may be applied by pouring or trowelling, depending upon the consistency selected.
- The maximum thickness in one application is 15mm.
- Thicker sections may be built up in layers, having firstly roughened the surface between layers to provide a mechanical “key”.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
Curing & Overcoating
- CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar will have hardened sufficiently after 1 hour at 20°C or 2 hours at 10°C, to allow full trafficking or overcoating.
- Full mechanical and chemical resistant properties will be achieved after 7 days @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar is supplied in 6kg packs.
- A 6kg pack yields 3.30 litres of mortar, sufficient for 0.66m² @ 5mm thickness.
- Colour: Light grey
- Density: 1.82kgdm³
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15-25 Minutes
- Compressive strength @ 20°C: 90 MPa at 3 hours, 100 MPa at 7 days
- Tensile Strength @ 20°C: 18 MPa at 7 days
- Flexural Strength @ 20°C: 32 MPa at 7 days
- Adhesion to concrete: >4.1MPa(concrete failure)
- Temperature range during application: 0°C to + 30°C
- Temperature range during service: -10°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: CPR 722 Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar has excellent resistance to water, dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, and many inorganic salts.
- For specific advice please consult our Technical Team.
- Do not apply to wet, or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 0°C.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 722 – Polyester Concrete Repair Mortar shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.