Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener
CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener is a single pack, solvent-borne, clear surface sealer for concrete. When applied to freshly placed concrete the Sealer functions as a curing membrane, reducing any tendency towards drying shrinkage cracks. At the same time the surface becomes sealed against the ingress of oils and many aqueous chemicals, and a harder wearing coating is produced.
When applied to old concrete, CPR 905 penetrates into the pore structure, sealing and dust proofing the surface. Having excellent adhesion to concrete, CPR 905 allows the application of subsequent coating treatments, thereby minimising surface preparation requirements.
- Easily applied by brush, roller or spray
- High curing efficiency (>75%)
- Good chemical and abrasion resistance
- Seals and dust proofs the surface
- Compatible with most subsequent finishes
- Provides easily cleanable surface
- Internal and external use
- Resistant to ultra violet radiation
- Single pack – ready to use
Directions for Use
- Old concrete shall be sound and free from oil, grease, laitance and other contaminants.
- Previously applied paint or curing membrane must be removed.
- Wash the floor with a detergent solution followed by a clean water wash, and then allow to dry prior to sealer application.
- New concrete – CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener may be applied 15 minutes after the final power float or brush finish.
- Old concrete – Apply a coat of CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener by brush, roller, squeegee or spray at a nominal rate of 8-9m²/litre.
- Avoid the formation of puddles of excess material.
- After a minimum period of 16 hours a second coat shall be applied at a rate of 11-12m²/litre NOTE: On very porous substrates a third coat may be necessary
- New concrete – Apply CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener by spray at a nominal rate of 5m²/litre.
- Ensure that the material is applied evenly and avoid the formation of puddles of excess material on the surface.
- In hot and/or windy conditions, a second coat of CPR 905 should be applied the following day at a nominal rate of 8-10m²/litre
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the product.
- CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener will be tack free in 2-4 hours and hard dry after 16-24 hours in conditions of good ventilation.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 905 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener is supplied in 25L packs
- Coverage is very much dependent on the porosity of the substrate.
- New concrete – Typical application rate is 5m²/l (one coat): a second coat is recommended under fast drying ambient conditions.
- Old concrete – For smooth, power floated concrete, the typical application rate is: 8-9m²/l (1st coat) 11-12m²/l (2nd coat) i.e. overall rate = 4.6-5.1m²/l(two coats)
- If a slip resistant finish is required, incorporate CPR suitable aggregate and apply only 1 coat of CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener at a rate of 5m²/litre.
- Textured and tamped finishes reduce the coverage rate achieved.
- It is strongly recommended that a small test application be carried out to determine the precise coverage rate for each specific job, prior to any large scale application being started.
- Appearance: Pale straw coloured liquid with characteristic odour
- S.G.: 0.910g/cm³
- Drying time @ 20°c: Tack free 2-4 hours / Hard dry 16-24 hours
- Flash point: 28°c
- Curing efficiency: >75% (ASTM309-74).
- Chemical resistance: Resistant to spillages of dilute mineral acids, caustic alkali solutions, vegetable oils, deicing salts, etc.
- Apply only in well ventilated areas.
- Do not apply in areas where foodstuffs are stored during application.
- Do not apply externally if rain is likely during application or within 6 hours thereafter.
Health and Safety
- CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener is a flammable material (flash point = 28°c).
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Provide good ventilation during application and wear suitable organic vapour respirators.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
- CPR 905 – Clear Concrete Sealer & Surface Hardener shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.