PU Screed Sealer
CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer is a single pack, water based, matt sealer specifically developed for use with resin floor screeds to up-grade chemical and abrasion resistance, as well as to enhance the aesthetic appearance. The material is easy to apply, and is fast drying to allow rapid access.
- Easy to apply
- User friendly (water based, single pack)
- Very good resistance to water, solvents, and other chemicals
- Good abrasion resistance and durability
- Excellent UV stability
- Matt finish
Directions for Use
- CPR 703 Epoxy Screed or CPR 704 Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed shall have been allowed to cure for a minimum of 16 Hours @ 20°C, and any dust and other contaminants removed.
- Existing resin coving shall be lightly abraded and all dust removed.
- CPR 901 Clear Resin Bound Sealer is then applied, (please refer to separate product data sheet), to fully seal the screed.
- CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer should be stirred thoroughly prior to use.
- Apply CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer by squeegee until refusal and then back-roller, using a short pile lambswool roller, to remove any excess.
- Take care to avoid ‘puddling’ of the material.
- Allow to dry for minimum period of 4-8 hours, depending on ventilation conditions.
- A second coat then be applied if deemed necessary.
- As a clear matt sealer, apply two coats of CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer at a nominal rate of 5m²/l per coat to the coving or upstands.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent or water prior to drying of the sealer/coating.
- Light foot traffic may be allowed after 12 hours drying @ 20°C and full trafficking after 24 hours @ 20°C.
- Optimum chemical resistance will be achieved after 48 hours @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer is supplied in 5ltr and 20ltr packs.
- As a screed sealer: 0.15 – 0.25litre/m²/coat.
- As a coating: 0.2litre/m² per coat (minimum of two coats required).
- Film appearance: Clear Matt
- Viscosity: 150 cps @ 20°c
- Tensile strength: 14 MPa
- Elongation at break: 200%
- Persoz hardness: 48
- Q-UV Weatherometer: >2000 hours (no yellowing defects)
- Do not apply to uncured or contaminated surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 5°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
- CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.