Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB
CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB has been developed for use in applications to oil contaminated floors prior to application of subsequent floor toppings. The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to concrete and other substrates, and is particularly suitable where compromised surfaces exist.
CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB is supplied as a two pack system, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT components.
- Solvent free, low odour
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- Surface tolerant
- Excellent wetting properties
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- Pre-packaged units ready for use
Directions for Use
- New concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 7 days old. Old oil-contaminated concrete surfaces shall be washed with detergent and water and allowed to dry.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting or mechanical scabbling are recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants.
- With severely contaminated surfaces, where the evidence of oil patches still remains, a coat of CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer shall be Applied at a rate of 5m²/litre and allowed to dry for a minimum of 4 hours prior to the application of CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB.
- CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB is supplied in pre-weighed containers ready for mixing.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT tin into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush, roller or squeegee to the prepared surface at a nominal rate of 0.3 to 0.5Kg/m².
- Ensure that the surface is thoroughly wetted out.
- If the primer is to be allowed to cure prior to overcoating, then it is permissible to broadcast fine dry Quartz into the wet primer to assist subsequent adhesion of CPR Epoxy Coatings. CPR Epoxy Screeds and Mortars may be applied to the wet primer.
- Where application conditions also involve a damp substrate, then 2 coats of CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB shall be applied, broadcasting into the second coat only.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Touch dry after 8 hours @20°C;
- Hard dry after 16 hours @ 20°C;
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB has a minimum 12 months shelf life when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB is supplied in 1kg, 2kg and5kg packs
- 2.0 – 3.3m²/Kg depending on surface texture.
- Viscosity: 600-800 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 60 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 90 minutes
- Colour: Amber coloured liquid.
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.8 MPa (concrete failure)
- Do not apply to temperatures below 3C, or if there is a risk of frost during the initial curing period.
- With severely contaminated old concrete it is recommended that a pull off adhesion test be carried out prior to full scale application.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 405 – Concrete Primer – Oil Tolerant – Epoxy HB shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.