Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure
CPR 812 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure is a high performance, water dispersible Epoxy coating for the treatment of garage floors and is designed to be user and environmentally friendly, having a very low VOC content, and being of a very low odour during application. CPR 812 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure may be easily applied by brush, roller or airless spray, to provide a decorative, abrasion and chemically resistant coating of excellent durability.
- Rapid Curing
- May be applied to dry or damp surfaces
- Available in a range of colours
- Low odour
- Easily applied
- Excellent resistance to water, oils, skydrol, petrol, dilute acids, alkalis and many solvents
- Very good adhesion to concrete
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Slip resistant option
Direction for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 719 Concrete Patch Repair Mortar.
- Suitable mechanical treatment, such as vacuum grit blasting, is recommended to ensure a clean, uncontaminated substrate.
- Pour the contents of the BASE container into the CURING AGENT container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- The mixed material may be thinned by the addition of up to a maximum of 10% by volume of clean, potable water.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.20 to 0.25kg/m². per coat, equivalent to a dry film thickness of 100-125 microns.
- A minimum two coat treatment is recommended, applying subsequent coats after a minimum interval of 3 hours cure at 20°C.
- Ensure good ventilation after application, as this speeds up the physical drying stage of the curing process.
- For a lightly textured finish it is possible to incorporate polymer beads into the coating.
- Should a coarse slip resistant finish be required, a suitable Quartz should be scattered onto the first coat whilst still wet.
- The following day any excess Quartz may be swept from the surface using a clean brush prior to application of the second coat.
- Please consult our Technical Department regarding slip-resistant finishes for further information
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 3 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 8 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Good ventilation is essential for satisfactory cure.
- Lower temperatures will extend the curing time.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- In poorly ventilated areas forced extraction must be provided.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 10-12.5 m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 200-250 microns. (15kg pack pro rata).
- Pot life @ 20C: 60 Minutes
- Colours: CPRL standard colours plus Range of RAL colours in request.
- Finish: Semi-gloss as standard
- Application Temperatures : minimum = 3°C maximum = 30°C
- Coverage: 0.20-0.25kg/m²/coat
- Volume Solids: 65%
- Chemical resistance: excellent resistance to water, dilute acids, dilute alkalis, glycol ethers, dibasic ester solvent, skydrol, etc.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 812 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 812 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 812 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.