CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB
- CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB is typically used as a waterproof, tough, chemical resistant floor coating in food preparation areas, breweries, abattoirs, bottling factories, etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£90.00 – £240.00 Excl VATIn Stock
Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB
CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB is a two-pack High Build Epoxy coating that provides protective and decorative properties to concrete floors and other substrates. The material is supplied as a two-pack system, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT. After mixing together, an easily applied chemical and abrasion-resistant finish is produced. A slip-resistant finish may be achieved by broadcasting an appropriate aggregate.
- Solvent-free, low odor
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- High build
- Tough and durable
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Slip-resistant options
- Range of colours
Directions for Use
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blowholes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar or CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive.
- Blockwork shall be sealed using CPR 726 – Concrete Resurfacer.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush, roller, or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.25 to 0.3kg/m².
- After a minimum of 14 hours and before a maximum of 48 hours, apply a second coat at the same rate.
- Should a non-slip finish be required, then broadcast an appropriate aggregate such as Quartz or Dynagrip, immediately after the first coat.
- Brush off excess aggregate the following day, prior to applying the second coat.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Allow curing for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic
- 48 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Lower temperatures will extend the curing time.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 8.3-10.0 m2 of a surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 400-480 microns.
- Pot life @ 20°C: 45 Minutes @ 10°C: 90 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Red (BS4800 or RAL colours on request)
- Coverage: 0.25-0.30kg/m²/coat
- Tack free time @ 20°C: 6 hours
- Hard dry time@ 20°C: 10 hours
- Full chemical resistance @ 20°C: 7 days
- Adhesion strength to concrete: 3.9 MPa (concrete failure)
- Adhesion strength to mild steel: >12 MPa
- Chemical resistance: excellent resistance to dilute acids, dilute alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, raw sewage, etc.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact with the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 809 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy WB shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Carmine Red (RAL 3002), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015)