Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar
CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is a high strength , trowel applied, three component Epoxy resin-based mortar designed for rapid and permanent repairs to concrete and masonry surfaces. CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is a blend of epoxy Resin, Polyamine curing agent, graded siliceous aggregates and colour pigments. The mixed material is applied to a suitably prepared and primed surface, and quickly cures to form a durable, abrasion and chemical resistant repair.
- Pre-packed units – ready to use
- Fast curing characteristics
- Impact and abrasion resistant
- Frost resistant and impervious to water
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Unaffected by a wide range of acids, and industrial chemicals
- Negligible shrinkage
- High bond strength
- Cures under damp, cool conditions
Directions for Use
- Remove all laitance, spalled concrete, grease, oil, dust, and other contaminants by scabbling or bush hammering, to provide a sound, clean, substrate.
- Any exposed reinforcing steel shall be fully exposed by cutting out around its full circumference, and cleaned by abrading or grit blasting to remove rust, scale, etc.
- Metal substrates shall be degreased and grit blasted to Sa 2.5 Swedish Standard.
- The prepared concrete surface shall be primed by the application of CPR 403 – Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB which should be brushed well in.
- A coat of primer should also be applied to any exposed rebars.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is supplied as a three component pack.
- Each component is pre-weighed and ready to mix.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly by spatula or low speed drill/stirrer.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a forced action mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the AGGREGATE added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform material is achieved.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar shall be applied whilst the primer is still ‘tacky’, which is usually between 10 and 90 minutes after primer application.
- Apply the CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar by tamping and trowelling to ensure good compaction and a tight finish.
- The material should not be feather edged.
- Maximum thickness in horizontal applications is 50mm.
- For vertical applications the material may be built up in layers not exceeding 6mm.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar will have hardened sufficiently after overnight cure @ 20°C to allow overcoating or full trafficking.
- Longer periods of cure will be necessary at lower temperatures.
- Full mechanical and chemical resistant properties will be achieved following 7 days cure @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is supplied in 7.5kg and 15kg packs.
- A 7.5kg pack yields 3.4 litres of Epoxy mortar, sufficient for 0.68m² at 5mm thickness.
- A 15kg pack yields 6.8 litres of Epoxy mortar, sufficient for 1.36m² at 5mm thickness.
- Colour: Light grey(other colours available )
- Density: 2200kg/m³
- Pot Life: 50-60 minutes @ 20°C
- Adhesion to concrete: >3.9MPa (concrete failure)
- Compressive Strength: 72MPa
- Tensile Strength: 12MPa
- Taber abrasion resistance: 40mg weight loss (CS17 wheels; 1kg loads, 1000 cycles)
- Thermal Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 3 x 10–5 cm/cm/°C
- Maximum Service Temperature: 70°C continuous
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to 20% hydrochloric acid, 20% sulphuric acid, 10% citric acid, 25% sodium hydroxide, diesel and petrol.
- Very good resistance to 10% lactic acid, 50% phosphoric acid, 10% nitric acid and 5% acetic acid.
- Good resistance to many common industrial chemicals.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.