CPR 829 – MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured
- CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured is typically used as a tough durable slip resistant coating for Tarmac and Asphalt type surfaces.
- The coating can also be used on correctly prepared concrete and steel surfaces.
- Examples of use are: Delineating parking bays, car parks, balconies, walkways, etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£72.00 – £128.00 Excl VATIn Stock
MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured
CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured is a two-pack, fast curing flexible coating usually for Tarmac and Asphalt surfaces. It is designed to provide a slip-resistant, seamless floor finish with protective and decorative properties. The flexible coating is enhanced by the incorporation of blended slip resistant aggregates premixed in the resin. CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured allows a fast return to service. CPR 829 is also available in Concrete Grade for concrete and cementitious surfaces (CPR 830).
- Rapid curing minimises downtimes
- Tough and abrasion-resistant
- Easily applied, no primer required
- Cures at low temperatures
- Range of colours
- Available in Concrete Grade
Directions for Use
- Asphalt and Tarmac surfaces must be clean, dry and free from contaminants.
- New Asphalt and Tarmac must be allowed to ‘weather’ to ensure any excess oils are released.
- Mechanical preparation is not normally necessary, however, vacuum shot blasting/grit blasting is recommended when the material is being applied to concrete or steel surfaces to provide a mechanical ‘key’.
- Primer not normally required for Asphalt and Tarmac surfaces.
- Concrete substrates should be primed with CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer.
- CPR 829 is supplied as a two-pack material consisting of the BASE component, and the CATALYST component.
- Incorporate the CATALYST component under mechanical stirring and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Apply CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured using short nap perlon, smooth lambswool rollers or squeegee at a nominal rate of 1-2kg/m². On porous or open surfaces a second coat may be required.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Light Foot Traffic: 1 hour @ 20°C
- Vehicular Traffic: 2 Hours @ 20°C
- Full chemical resistance: 24 hours @ 20°C
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
- CPR 829 has a minimum shelf life of six months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured is supplied in 5kg & 10kg packs.
- A 10kg pack will be sufficient to coat an area of 10m² at a rate of 1kg/m².
- Colour: CPRL colours as standard (BS4800 or RAL colours can be supplied upon request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 20 minutes
- Tensile strength: 12N/mm²
- Elongation at break: 50%
- Adhesion to Asphalt: 3N/mm²(substrate failure)
- Temperature range during application: 0°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -30°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- For specific advice please consult our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to unprimed concrete (Unless using Concrete Grade)
- Do not apply to damp substrates.
- CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured will taint food during application so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured is flammable during application so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 829 MMA Asphalt & Tarmac Coating – Textured shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Carmine Red (RAL 3002), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015)