Stone Bonding Resin
CPR 700 – Stone Bonding Resin is a two pack, flexible binder suitable for bonding loose decorative aggregates to concrete, tarmac and asphalt. This gives a ‘stone carpet’ finish which gives the appearance of loose aggregate, but avoids maintenance problems.
- Tough & hard wearing
- Excellent abrasion & impact resistance
- Good chemical resistance
- Low odour during application
- Rapid Curing
- Easy to clean
- Large choice of colours and decorative effects
- Slip resistant
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be sound, clean, and free from standing water, laitance oil, grease and other contaminants.
- Grinding or grit blasting are suitable mechanical means of removing laitance and contaminants and providing a profiled substrate.
- Tarmac – New tarmac must be allowed to weather until all residual oils have been oxidized or been removed.
- Thoroughly wash to remove contaminants and allow to dry.
- Asphalt – Wash thoroughly to remove all contaminants and allow to dry.
- Mix equal volumes of BASE and CURING AGENT.
- Thoroughly mix by slow speed mechanical stirrer (drill plus paddle attachment) until a uniform consistency has been achieved.
- Priming is not usually required.
- Apply the mixed resin by roller, serrated trowel, or squeegee at a nominal rate of 0.5-3mm.
- Application rate depends on the size of the aggregate to be broadcast.
- Whilst the resin remains wet, broadcast the selected aggregate to achieve a full ‘blinding’ i.e. leave no resin visible.
- The following day thoroughly sweep off any excess aggregate using a stiff bristled broom.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Allow the finished system to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20ºC prior to foot traffic, and 48 hours @ 20ºC prior to vehicular traffic.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 700 – Stone Bonding Resin has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 700 – Stone Bonding Resin is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs.
- A 15kg pack of CPR 700 – Stone Bonding Resin is sufficient for an area of 14m² at 1mm resin thickness.
- Viscosity: 1,600-2,000 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 20-30 Minutes
- Colour: Clear (can be coloured to range of RAL shades)
- Adhesion to concrete: 4.0MPa (concrete failure)
- Hard dry time: 4 hours @ 20°C
- Chemical resistance: excellent resistance to water, petrol, diesel, engine oil, anti-freeze, dilute acids, dilute alkalis.
- For specific advice please contact our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 3C.
- Do not apply to new, un-weathered tarmac or asphalt surfaces.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 700 – Stone Bonding Resin shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.