Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure
CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure is a versatile, trowel applied, three component Epoxy resin-based, deep section screed/mortar. The product is supplied in a ‘natural’ or concrete grey colour, and may be sealed or topped with any of the range of CPR Epoxy coatings or sealers as required.
- Easy application
- Rapid curing characteristics
- Hard wearing and durable
- Taint free
- Frost resistant and impervious to water
- Negligible shrinkage even in thick section
Directions for Use
- Remove all laitance, spalled concrete, grease, oil, dust, and other contaminants by scabbling or bush hammering, to provide a sound, clean, substrate.
- Any exposed reinforcing steel shall be fully exposed by cutting out around its full circumference, and cleaned by abrading or grit blasting to remove rust, scale, etc.
- Metal substrates shall be degreased and grit blasted to Sa 2.5 Swedish Standard.
- Apply a coat of CPR 403 – Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB by brush or roller at a nominal rate of 3.5 to 7.0m²/kg, depending upon surface profile.
- The use of mechanical, forced action mixer such as a Creteangle, is strongly recommended.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the AGGREGATE added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform material is achieved.
- CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure shall be applied whilst the primer is still ‘tacky’ i.e. within 2 hours of application.
- The material should be tamped and trowelled to ensure good compaction and a tight finish.
- Minimum application thickness is 10mm; maximum application thickness is 100mm for large areas at temperatures greater than 10°C.
- At lower temperatures it is permissible to apply thickness of up to 200mm.
- Note: At temperatures of greater than 10°C, the material can be applied in multiple layers of 100mm to achieve the overall final thickness.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure will have hardened sufficiently after 8 hours @ 20°C to allow over-coating, and 12 hours @ 20°C for full trafficking.
- Longer periods of cure will be necessary at lower temperatures.
- Full mechanical and chemical resistant properties will be achieved following 7 days cure @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure is supplied in 25kg packs.
- A 25kg pack of CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure yields 11.4 litres of material, sufficient for 1.14m² @ 10mm thickness.
- Colour: Natural or grey (other colours available upon request)
- Density: 2200kg/m³
- Pot Life: 20-30 minutes @ 20°C
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.6MPa (concrete failure)
- Compressive Strength: 64MPa
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, inorganic salts, and cleaning fluids.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of water and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 717 – Epoxy Concrete Repair Mortar – Rapid Cure shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.