Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer
CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer is a two pack, solvented Epoxy resin which penetrates into the pore structure of concrete or masonry to leave a sealed, surface-hardened and dust proof
finish with greatly increased chemical resistance. The material is easy to mix and apply, and is supplied in a convenient 1:1 volume mix ratio. CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer cures in a two stage operation: 1) physical drying i.e. evaporation of the solvent, followed by, 2) a chemical reaction between the active ingredients of the Base and Curing Agent components
- Penetrates deeply (typically 6-9mm)
- Dust-proofs and surface hardens floors
- Seals against ingress of water, chemicals, etc
- Enhances abrasion resistance
- 1:1 Volume mix
- Long pot life
- Fast Drying
- Taint free after application
- Provides easy to clean surfaces
- Suitable for external application
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- The floor shall be allowed to dry out thoroughly prior to application of CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer consists of two components: a BASE and a CURING AGENT, which are mixed together in equal volumes, i.e. part packs may be mixed as long as
the 1:1 ratio is observed.
- NB: replace the screw caps on the BASE and CURING AGENT containers after use to prevent solvent evaporation.
- Mix the components thoroughly, ensuring an homogeneous blend has been achieved.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer shall be poured on to the prepared surface and spread using a soft brush or squeegee, taking care to avoid the presence of puddles of material on the
- As much sealer shall be applied as the surface will absorb without the appearance of superfluous material on the surface.
- The precise application rate is dependent upon the porosity and texture of the substrate.
- NB: Prior to the commencement of large area applications, it is strongly recommended that a small test area is completed first, in order to determine the correct rate of application required for the particular surface to be treated.
- Allow the first coat to dry/cure for 12-24 hours prior to the application of a second coat. A two coat treatment is usually sufficient for good quality, dense concrete, however, a third coat may be necessary on particularly porous and absorbent substrates.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Ensure good ventilation at all times.
- Light foot traffic may be allowed on the day following application.
- Allow 2 days cure prior to full trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20C will be necessary to achieve optimum chemical resistance.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer is supplied in 10ltr and 50ltr packs.
- Typical dense, power-floated concrete: overall rate = 4-6m²/litre, i.e. 6-10m²/litre first coat, and 12-15m² second coat.
- Consumption will be higher with porous concrete substrates.
- Pot life @ 20C: 6 hours
- Colours: Pale Straw (colourless after application).
- Application Temperatures minimum 3ºC maximum 35²C
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- In poorly ventilated areas forced extraction must be provided.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer will taint foodstuffs during application.
- The material is flammable during application, so a spark free environment must be observed.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 904 – Low Viscosity Concrete Sealer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.