MMA Flexible Concrete Coating
CPR 828 MMA Flexible Concrete Coating is a two pack, fast curing, flexible coating that can be used for concrete and cementitious surfaces. Designed to provide a slip resistant, seamless floor finish with protective and decorative properties. The flexible coating is enhanced by the incorporation of blended slip resistant aggregates premixed in the resin. CPR 828 MMA Flexible Concrete Coating allows a fast return to service.
- Tough and abrasion resistant
- Very good chemical resistance
- Rapid curing minimises down time
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Cures at low temperatures
- Range of decorative colours.
Directions for Use
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from contaminants.
- Vacuum shot blasting/ grit blasting is recommended when the material is being applied to concrete and steel surfaces and will provide a better mechanical ‘key’ in heavy duty environments.
- For concrete surfaces prime using CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer.
- CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating is supplied as a two pack material consisting of the RESIN component, and the CATALYST component.
- Incorporate the CATALYST component under mechanical stirring and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Apply CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating using a short nap perlon or smooth lambswool rollers at a nominal rate of 0.3 – 0.6kg/m².
- Should a slip resistant finish be required then broadcast an appropriate aggregate onto the first coat within 10 minutes of application.
- Following a minimum of 1 hour, sweep off excess aggregate, and apply a second coat of CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Light Foot Traffic: 2 hour @ 20°C
- Full chemical resistance: 24 hours @ 20°C
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating has a minimum shelf life of six months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating is supplied in 5kg & 10kg packs.
- A 10kg pack will be sufficient to coat an area of 20m² at a rate of 0.5kg/m².
- Colour: Grey and Red as standard (BS4800 or RAL colours can be supplied upon request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 20 minutes
- Elongation at break: 250%
- Adhesion to Asphalt: 3MPa(substrate failure)
- Temperature range during application 5°C to +40°C
- Temperature range during service: -30°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- For specific advice please consult our Technical Team.
- Do not apply to damp substrates.
- CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating is flammable during application so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 828 – MMA Flexible Concrete Coating shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.