CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB
- CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is used to provide a dissipative coating, to prevent the build up of static charge on the surface of floors, e.g. electronics manufacture, clean room environments, hospital operating theatres, etc.
£156.00 – £396.00 Excl VATIn Stock
Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB
CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is an Epoxy based coating system suitable for use in areas where a resistance of less than 108 ohms is required as a measure to control static electricity. The material is supplied as a two pack system, comprising pre- weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT. After mixing together, an easily applied chemical and abrasion resistant finish is produced which is hygienic and easy to clean.
CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is applied over a conductive primer, CPR 807 – Anti-Static Concrete Primer
- Dissipates static electricity
- Solvent free
- Low odour
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to concrete
- Easily applied
- Tough and durable
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
Directions for Use
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes.
- Suitable mechanical treatment, such as vacuum gritblasting, is the preferred treatment prior to application, as this ensures a mechanical “key” for the coating system.
- Steel surfaces shall be grit-blasted and it is not necessary to prime.
- Mix and apply CPR 807 – Anti-Static Concrete Primer at a nominal rate of 0.2Kg/m2.
- Allow the primer to cure for a minimum of 2 – 4 hours @ 20C prior to the coating application.
- Refer to the CPR 807 -Anti-Static Concrete Primer data sheet for additional information.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT tin into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush or short piled roller, at a nominal rate of 0.25 – 0.30 kg/m2.
- Allow to cure overnight, and apply a second coat at the same nominal rate.
- Note: Should a slip-resistant finish be required, then broadcast CPR Conductive Aggregate into the first coat whilst wet.
- Sweep off excess aggregate immediately prior to the application of the second coat, which will then be at the rate of approximately 0.4 – 0.6Kg/m2 (depending on the aggregate profile).
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20C prior to light foot traffic and 48 hours cure @ 20C prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10C and 25C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB has a minimum of 12 months shelf life when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs.
- A 5Kg pack is sufficient to coat 8.3 -10.0m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment providing an A 5Kg pack is sufficient to coat 8.3 -10.0m2 of surface overall d.f.t. of 425 – 500 microns.
- Pot Life @ 20C: 40 minutes
- Pot Life @ 10C: 70 minutes
- Colours@ #Grey, Red (#only approximations to BS4800/RAL colours can be achieved, and no pastel shades are possible)
- Tack Free Time @ 20C: 4 hours
- Hard Dry Time @ 20C: 6 hours
- Full Chemical Resistance: 7 days @ 20C
- Coverage 0.25 – 0.30 Kg/m2 /coat
- Adhesive strength to concrete: 3.9MPa. (concrete failure)
- Adhesive strength to Mild Steel: >12MPa.
- Surface Resistance: <108 Ohms
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils.
- Specific advice will be provided by our Technical Team.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 806 – Anti-Static Floor Paint – Epoxy HB shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Silver Grey (Ral 7001)