CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating
- Use CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating as a slip resistant membrane for car park decks, walkways, and areas subjected to heavy fork lift traffic, as well as a skid resistant finish on ramps, heavily trafficked turning areas, ships decks, landing piers, etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£160.00 Excl VATIn Stock
MMA Flexible Deck Coating
CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating is a three pack Methacrylate resin system, modified to impart toughness, resilience and waterproofing properties to the cured membrane.
The abrasion and impact resistance, together with the low temperature flexibility and excellent adhesion to concrete and steel make CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating an ideal material for uses as a membrane subjected to vehicular traffic. By broadcasting a layer of suitable aggregate, a slip resistant surface profile may readily be achieved.
- Ultra fast curing characteristics
- Tough resilient, and highly durable
- Range of slip and skid resistant finishes
- Resistant to oil, petrol, diesel and many industrial chemicals
- Flexible and abrasion resistant
- Colour options to allow easy differentiation of specific areas e.g. walkways and parking bays in different colours
- Low temperature cure
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor surfaces
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 711 – MMA Concrete Patch Repair Mortar.
- Suitable mechanical treatment, such as vacuum grit blasting, is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ which will optimise adhesion.
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish Standard and to provide a medium blast profile.
- All dust shall be removed prior to coating application.
- A coat of CPR 412 – MMA Metal Primer shall be applied as soon as practicable after blasting, in order to obviate the possible occurrence of ‘flash rusting’.
- Concrete surfaces shall be primed with a coat of CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer, applied by brush, or roller, at a nominal rate of 0.3kg/m².
- Long nap lambswool rollers are recommended for primer application.
- Allow primer to cure for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- Steel surfaces shall be primed with CPR 412 – MMA Metal Primer.
- CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating is supplied as a three pack material consisting of the BASE component, and the CATALYST component and the FILLER component.
- Add the CATALYST component to the BASE component and mix thoroughly, preferably by mechanical means for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a mixing vessel and add the FILLER component whilst stirring.
- A low speed drill with paddle attachment may be used or else a forced action mixer e.g. Creteangle type.
- Pour the mixed material onto the prepared and pre-primed surface and apply by serrated trowel to the desired thickness.
- De-aerate the material by spike rollering.
- Within 5 minutes, broadcast the appropriate aggregate at a nominal rate of 6kg – 15kg/m².
- When cured, sweep off excess aggregate.
- The application of a clear sealer coat is recommended to reduce tendency towards staining and dirt pick up, and thereby ensure optimum ease of cleaning where required.
- Apply a roller coat of CPR 907 – MMA Clear Sealer or CPR 825 – MMA Colour Stable Coating at a nominal rate of 0.3 – 0.5kg/m² and allow to cure for a minimum of 2 hours prior to putting back into service.
- A second coat maybe necessary where large Aggregate has been used as scatter.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Light Foot Traffic: 1 hour @ 20°C
- Full chemical resistance: 24 hours @ 20°C
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating is supplied in 20kg packs
- A 20kg pack is sufficient to cover an area of 2.8m² at a thickness of 4mm.
- Colour: Grey and Black as standard (any BS4800 or RAL colour can be supplied upon request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 25 Minutes
- Thickness: Minimum 3mm, maximum 8mm
- Tensile strength: 6MPa @ 20°C
- Elongation at break: 180% @ 20°C
- Temperature range during application: -30°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- Refer to our Technical Department for advice.
- Do not apply to wet, uncured or unprimed concrete surfaces.
- CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 822 – MMA Flexible Deck Coating shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Silver Grey (Ral 7001)