CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint
- CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint is typically used as a slip resistant protective coating for concrete, metal and wood surfaces.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£78.00 Excl VATIn Stock
Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint
CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint is supplied in composite packs, each containing sufficient material to provide a slip resistant coating system for 5 square metres of surface. CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint is applied in a single coat operation which reduces the curing period of the system prior to trafficking. Apart from the excellent slip resistance characteristics, the coating system has very good abrasion and chemical resistant properties. The slip resistant aggregate consists of graded Aluminium Oxide.
- Solvent free, low odour
- Excellent slip resistance
- Tough and durable
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Good chemical resistance
Directions for Use
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes, etc. Smooth concrete, or concrete with soft laitance, shall be mechanically treated by diamond grinding or grit blasting to provide a clean profiled surface.
- Should this not be practicable then acid etching, although less preferable, is also an option.
- Metal surfaces shall be power wire brushed to remove any rust and loose or flaking material.
- Grit blasting is recommended, where practical, for optimum performance.
- Coating application should be carried out immediately after preparation.
- Wood surfaces shall be sanded to a smooth finish, and all previous coating removed.
- Previously untreated wood shall be sealed with a coat of CPR 401 – Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour and consistency is achieved.
- Pour the mixed liquid components into a shallow roller tray.
- Apply by medium pile roller (not foam), to a measured 5 m².
- Immediately scatter the AGGREGATE uniformly onto the wet coating and ‘back roller’ to cover and encapsulate the AGGREGATE.
- Note: Although sufficient Aggregate is supplied to allow full blinding, a lighter scatter may be made if required.
- It is impracticable to clean rollers after use.
- Clean mixing equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 8 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access.
- Curing at lower temperatures will extend this period, whereas curing at higher temperatures will allow faster access.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint is supplied in 5 square metre packs.
- 5m² per pack.
- Pot life @ 20C: 30 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Red (other BS4800 or RAL colours can also be supplied)
- Tack Free Time @20C: 3 hours
- Hard Dry Time @ 20C: 6 hours
- Full Chemical Resistance @20C: 7 days
- Adhesive strength to concrete: 3.7MPa.(concrete failure)
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, and inorganic salts.
- Mohs Hardness of Aggregate: 9
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 815 – Anti-slip Epoxy Floor Paint shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Silver Grey (Ral 7001)