Sika S-Vap 5000E SA
Self-adhesive Vapour Control Layer
S-Vap 5000E SA is a multi-layer self-adhesive vapour control layer made of polymer modified bitumen with a glass-fibre mat reinforcement and an aluminium foil as top layer.
Vapour control layer (VCL) is applied over most common substrates such as concrete, metal decks, plywood, timber boards and/or oriented strand fibreboard (OSB) deck.
Special application within adhered systems:
- Adhered system: Self-adhesion strength limits max wind uplift design load
- Combined adhered system: Self-adhesion strength is part of wind-up lift design
- Temporary waterproofing layer: S-Vap 5000E SA can also be used as a temporary waterproofing layer, as top layer, can be left exposed for up to 4 weeks.
*Important: If used in an adhered roof build-up, additional installation requirements must be applied e.g. use of Primer 600 to achieve full self-adhesion strength:
- Self-adhesion strength on metal decks, in combination with Primer 600, max.
design load of 2.4 kN/m2
- Self-adhered on concrete deck in combination with Primer 600, max. design load 2.4 kN/m2
- Self-adhered on plywood/OSB deck in combination with Primer 600, max. design load 2.4 kN/m2
- Ease and speed of installation, due to self-adhesive property of back layer and its specific weight.
- Can be used in a totally adhered roof build-up. No additional fasteners are required for securing the thermal insulation boards to the structural deck.
- Can be used as a temporary waterproof layer for up to 4 weeks, as a top layer without the need for additional weight/ballast and/or mechanical fastening.
- Due to its high adhesion strength, the VCL can withstand high wind loads; design load 2.4 kN/m2
- High adhesion/bonding strength leading to an airtight roof construction
- High tearing resistance under foot traffic makes it ideal for use on profiled metal decks
- High water vapour resistance makes it suitable in combination with all membranes
- For roofs with many details and complex geometry even when accessibility is limited
- Can be bonded on roof slopes and up vertical abutments