Bund Coat 1
CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 Oil & Fuel Resistant is a two pack solvent free resin coating modified to impart toughness, resilience and waterproofing properties to the cured film. The abrasion and impact resistance, together with the low temperature flexibility and excellent adhesion to concrete, make this product an ideal material for use as a bund coating solution.
- Tough and hardwearing
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Proven chemical resistance
- Low odour during application
- Range of Colours
- Good water and weathering resistance
- Non-slip or non-skid finish available
Directions for Use
- All surfaces should be sound, clean, and free from dust, dirt, laitance, oil and other contaminants.
- All laitance must be removed by vacuum grit blasting, ensuring that any residual dust is removed prior to coating application.
- New concrete surfaces must be a minimum of 21 days old and/or have a residual moisture content below 6%.
- Steel substrates shall be grit blasted to Sa2.5 Swedish standard.
- A primer coat of CPR 401 – Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB is recommended on concrete substrates.
- Apply the CPR 401 Primer at a nominal rate of 0.2kg per m² in accordance with the product data sheet instructions.
- Allow the milky colour of the primer to disappear before overcoating. This will typically be between 1-4 hours, depending on temperature and ventilation conditions.
- A primer coat of CPR 410 – Metal Primer – Epoxy WB is recommended on steel substrates. (Please refer to product data sheet for additional information).
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means, until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush or roller at a nominal rate of 0.3kg/m² per coat, with a minimum of 12 hours between coats.
- Slip-resistant profiles may be achieved by broadcasting an appropriate aggregate on to the first coat whilst wet. The following day any surplus aggregate may be swept from the surface
before applying a second coat of CPR 611 Bund Coat 1 – Oil & Fuel Resistant.
- Depending on the size and shape of the aggregate used, the application rate of the second coat of CPR 611 will be 0.4- 0.6kg/m², owing to the increased surface area.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 48 hours @ 20°C prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 611 Bund Coat 1 – Oil & Fuel Resistant has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to coat 8.3m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 450 microns approx.
- Coverage will be reduced with slip-resistant systems because of the increased surface area to be covered with the second coat.
- Pot life @ 20°C: 60 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Green, Red as standard (BS4800 or RAL colours can also be supplied)
- Minimum overcoating interval: 12 hours @ 20°C
- Maximum overcoating interval: 48 hours @ 20°C
- Tensile strength: 9MPa (7 days cure @ 20°C)
- Elongation at break: 85% @ 20°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils. Specific advice will be provided by our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 820 – Concrete Deck Coat shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.