Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant
CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant is based on a solvent free Epoxy resin system modified with coal tar to impart water repellency and flexibility. CPR 611 is supplied as a two pack material in pre-weighed quantities ready for mixing and use. It may be applied direct to concrete or steel, or else used in conjunction with a substrate specific primer.
- Excellent resistance to water and chemicals
- Cost effective
- Easily applied
- Excellent anti-corrosive properties
Directions for Use
- All surfaces to be treated with CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant shall be sound, clean, and free from dust, dirt, grease and other contaminants.
- New concrete shall be allowed to cure for a minimum of 21 days. Laitance shall be removed, preferably by grit-blasting. Any honeycombing, blow holes, etc., shall be filled using CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive or CPR 726 – Concrete Re-surfacer.
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a bright metal finish (nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard).
- Priming is not normally necessary. However, on absorbent or damp concrete surfaces the application of a primer/sealer coat of CPR 401 – Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB at a nominal rate of 0.2kg/sq.m. is recommended. This should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 1-2 hours prior to overcoating with CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant.
- CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant should be applied to steel substrates immediately after preparation, otherwise a holding primer, such as CPR 410 – Metal Primer – Epoxy WB must be applied to prevent the occurrence of flash rusting.
- The entire contents of the BASE container should be emptied into that containing the CURING AGENT component, and the two materials mixed thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency.
- Mechanical mixing is preferred e.g. low-speed electric drill with the epi-mixer paddle attachment.
- Apply CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant by brush or roller, at a nominal rate of 0.18-0.3kg/m².
- Following overnight cure a second coat may be applied at the same nominal rate.
- This will provide a final d.f.t. of 300-500 microns approx.
- For slip resistant flooring a suitable aggregate shall be broadcast between coats.
- Note: where a skid resistant finish is required, entailing the use of a coarser aggregate, the first coat of CPR 611 should be applied at 0.3kg/m², and the second coat at 0.5kg/m².
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 48 hours @ 20°C prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant may be overcoated after a minimum of 16 hours cure and before a maximum of 72 hours.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C. Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 611 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs
- A 5kg pack will be sufficient to coat 14m² with the recommended minimum d.f.t. of 300 microns.
- Pot life @ 20ºC: 60-70 Minutes
- Colour: Black
- Tack Free Time @20ºC: 10 hours
- Hard Dry Time @ 20ºC: 16 hours
- Full Cure Time @ 20ºC: 7 days
- Recommended dry film thickness: 150-250 microns per coat. (0.18-0.30kg/m²)
- Tensile strength: 9MPa
- Elongation at break: 50%
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to long term immersion in the following: 25% hydrochloric acid, 50% sulphuric acid, 10% nitric acid, 25% sodium hydroxide, petrol.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 5°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes by use of suitable protective clothing and goggles.
- All splashes to the skin should be immediately washed off with soap and water.
- If contact with the eyes occur, then irrigate with copious quantities of clean water and seek medical advice.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 611 – Bund Coat 1 – Fuel & Oil Resistant shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.