MMA Metal Primer
CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer has been developed as a quick drying metal primer for steel, galvanised steel, aluminium, and unglazed ceramic tiles, being used prior to any of the CPR MMA range of coatings, mortars, and screeds. The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to steel/ metal surfaces, and the fast curing characteristics allow rapid application of subsequent coatings, mortars or screeds.
CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer is supplied as a three pack material, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE, CATALYST and ADHESION promoter components.
- Rapid cure, even at low temperatures
- Very good corrosion resistance
- Excellent adhesion
- Impervious to water
- Pre-packed units ready for use
- Easily applied
Directions for Use
- Steel/Galvanised steel: Any rust, mill scale and other contaminants should be removed by grit-blasting to Swedish Standards Sa 2.5.
- Reduced levels of surface preparation, e.g. wire brushing to remove loose rust, are permissible, but will lead to lower performance characteristics.
- Ceramic Tiles: Abrade to roughen the surface, removing any dust
- Pour the contents of the Adhesion Promoter container into the Base container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means.
- Then add the Catalyst component and mix to a uniform consistency.
- Apply CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer by squeegee, brush or roller at a nominal application rate of 0.25-0.30kg/m².
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 40 minutes prior to applying any other of the CPR MMA product range.
- If an interval of more than 8 hours between primer application and subsequent overcoating is anticipated, or when priming ceramic tiles, then the primer shall be scattered with fine Quartz sand before hardening.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Minimum overcoating interval: 40 minutes @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep containers tightly closed when not in use.
- CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer is supplied in 1kg and 5kg packs
- 5kg of CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer is sufficient to prime an area of 15-20m².
- Viscosity: 300 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 25 minutes
- Colour: Straw coloured liquid.
- Adhesion to steel: 15MPa
- Temperature range during application: -30°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 60°C
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice. All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not apply to wet surfaces.
- CPR 412 MMA Metal Primer will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.