Sika Ferrogard 903+ (25L)
Surface Applied Corrosion Inhibitor for Reinforced Concrete
- Offers corrosion protection to steel reinforced concrete above and below the ground
- Used as a corrosion control treatment for undamaged reinforced concrete where reinforcing steel is corroding, or is at risk from corrosion due to the effects of carbonated or chloride contaminated concrete.
- Can be used as part of a simple yet effective concrete repair and protection system
- Sika FerroGard 903+ is especially suitable for extending the service life of aesthetically valuable fair-faced concrete surfaces such as historic structures.
Sika Ferrogard 903+ is part of the range of Sika products complying with the relevant part of European Standard EN 1504 and comprising of:
- Sika MonoTop® 610 (25kg): Bonding primer and reinforcement coating
- Sika® MonoTop-612: Hand and wet spray applied repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-615: Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 630 (25kg) Fast setting cementitious repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 614F (25kg): Flowable cementitious repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-3020: Smoothing coat
- Sika MonoTop 412N (25kg):Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
Performance and Durability
Sika® FerroGard® -903+ penetrates the concrete and forms an adsorbed protective film on the surface of the steel reinforcement. This protective adsorbed film reduces the rate of corrosion in carbonated and chloride contaminated concrete.
Sika® FerroGard® -903+ forms an adsorbed protective film on the reinforcement. The process of forming this protective film takes place even in carbonated concrete and even with the presence of chlorides in the concrete.
Delay of the corrosion process
- The dissolution of the iron in contact with water will be reduced thanks to this passivating protective film
- This film is also a barrier to the reduction of oxygen which will be prevented
- Sika® FerroGard® -903+ is applied as an impregnation by spray, roller or brush onto the surface of the concrete. The corrosion inhibitor penetrates into the concrete and protects the reinforcement by forming a protective film on the steel surface. Through this the onset of corrosion is delayed and the rate of corrosion reduced.
- The material is a clear colourless liquid which does not itself normally alter the aspect of fair-faced concrete. (Check if used in conjunction with chemical cleaners).
- Sika® FerroGard® -903+ penetrates to a depth of 25 to 40 mm in 1 month dependent on porosity of the concrete.
- The material reaches the surface of the steel through different transport mechanisms:
- During application of Sika® FerroGard® -903+ transportation is mainly by capillary suction-like water
- Sika® FerroGard® -903+ is later carried in solution by the penetration of water-like chlorides
- Sika® FerroGard® -903+ also travels by gas diffusion-like carbon dioxide